Welcome to the Apache Tuscany project! The Tuscany community is working to create a robust and easy to use infrastructure that simplifies the development of service-based application networks and addresses real business problems posed in SOA.
Tuscany is based on specifications defined by the Open SOA Collaboration:
- Service Component Architecture (SCA) defines technologies for creating services and assembling them into higher-order service networks. SCA provides a language-independent way to compose and deploy service networks. SCA also defines language-specific programming models for service authoring including Java, Spring, C++ , and PHP. There are currently Tuscany SCA runtimes written in Java and C+
- Service Data Object (SDO) provides a uniform interface for handling different forms of data, including XML documents, that can exist in a network of services and provides the mechanism for tracking changes. Apache Tuscany provides Java and C+ implementations for SDO. Learn more about SDO.
- Data Access Service (DAS) provides a simple SDO interface to relational databases. Apache Tuscany provides a Java implementation for DAS. Learn more about DAS.
The above mentioned technologies provide a full infrastructure for developing and running SOA based applications. They are not dependent on one another and can be used independently.
Please join us to create a simple, practical, extensible SOA infrastructure to address the problems that large-scale applications and service networks are faced with. We look forward to your participation.
- May 16th, 2007, SDO Java releases its 1.0-incubating-beta1 release.*
- May 9th, 2007, SDO Java achieves state of being a functionally complete implementation of the SDO 2.1 specification*
This was achieved at code revision level 536331. The community is working towards a new SDO release after a period
of enhancing the test suite and making bug fixes.
- May 2nd, 2007, SCA Native Milestone 3 release is announced.
- May 2nd, 2007, SDO C++ Milestone 3 release is announced.
- April 11th, 2007, SCA and SDO specifications are with OASIS*
Open CSA will promote the further development and adoption of the Service Component Architecture (SCA) and Service Data Objects (SDO) families of specifications, which will be provided to the community on a Royalty Free basis.
Copyright © 2006, The Apache Software Foundation Apache Tuscany is undergoing incubation at The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Web Services PMC. Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects. While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.