UIMA is a component framework for the analysis of unstructured content such as
text, audio and video.
UIMA was accepted for incubation on October 10, 2006
Top 3 things to resolve before graduation
- Complete code transition to Apache, do a release with all IP issues cleared
- Attract diverse, active committers
- Do a migration tool to enable migration to the Apache version
UIMA's incubation status file is here:
Some recent activity:
- The UIMA Sandbox has been populated with some example annotators
- A person new to the project, Jörn Kottmann, has written an Eclipse plugin
he wants to contribute - we're going through the steps to bring this into the
UIMA Sandbox. He has submitted a software grant, and we're awaiting it's acknowledgement
(as of Wednesday, Jan 10)
We expect to do a release next month, and have been working to get all the little details needed
for this completed.
We expect that we will need some assistance in doing our first release,
to verify we're following the rules properly. We will
start by using our mentors, and then ask the incubator PMC to review the proposed release.