Build Apache ESME from Subversion
Mac OS X 10.5/6
- MacPorts (recommended) - install instructions at http://www.macports.org/install.php
- Maven - with MacPorts run command "sudo port install maven"
- Subversion - comes with Mac OS X 10.5/6
Checkout latest Apache ESME, build, and run
Run the following commands, starting in the directory where you want to download Apache ESME:
- svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/esme/ esme
- cd esme/server/
- mvn jetty:run
The third step can take a while the first time it is run as it needs to download all of Apache ESME's dependencies (and there are quite a few of those).
After this you should be able to open your web browser and navigate to http://localhost:80/esme_server_SNAPSHOT_3.0 and see ESME running!
Optionally running under a separate Tomcat installation
- Install Tomcat
- Download latest Tomcat 6 Core .zip file from http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi
- In esme/server directory run "mvn package"
- Copy .war file in esme/server/target directory into the webapps/ directory of your Tomcat installation
- Start Tomcat (bin/startup.sh in the main Tomcat directory)
- Navigate your browser to http://localhost:80/esme_server_SNAPSHOT_3.0